Sunday, April 08, 2007

Mostly Lazy Day

I had nothing but the best intentions to clean the house today. Honest. I've been trying to keep the house fairly neat by doing a full cleaning of the apartment every other week, and as we were out of town last weekend I had convinced myself that I needed to clean the house today to make up for it... Alas, that was not to be. I stayed up way too late last night, and woke up at 11 this morning when Tigger called and said she was on her way over to see us. It was her day off, and she had decided to cut her hair (which is pretty major, as it was close to 2 feet long) and wanted someone for moral support when she went to get it done. So Jenny went to keep her company and hold her hand as she had most of her chopped off - personally I think it looks a lot better and is much more Tigger-ish than her previous 'do.

Jenny had to work a 4 hour shift this evening (remember what I said about the stupid scheduling?), so Tigger dropped her off after the haircut and headed back here and hung out with me until Jenny got off work. She (Tigger) also had a banquet thing to attend tonight for work and Jenny went with her to that as well. I thought I was going to get some house cleaning done while they were out, but I quickly realized it was a lost cause and I should just relax, it being my day off and everything. So instead I've been pretty much just messing around on the computer all day, with a little bit of sketching in the ol' sketchbook thrown in for good measure. I haven't drawn anything of substance in quite a while, but I'm finally sketching enough every day that my penciling is loosening up and getting more natural. If I don't draw for a while it's kinda like I just forget what I'm doing and my brain can't seem to communicate with my hand, but I think I'm finally shaking that off.

We'll be headed over to CdA tomorrow to see Jenny's folks and catch them up on our trip and everything else (like Jenny quitting her job, which they don't know about yet). Then I suppose it's back to work... Yay.

No comments: