Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving and is able to spend the holiday with their family and loved ones. Jenny and I will be heading over to her parents' place tomorrow morning and spend most of the day there. Aunt Joan should be there, as well as her Uncle David, who's driving up from Kennewick. Should be fun, and relaxing, and filled with pie.

Even though sometimes it doesn't seem like we have much, we really do have a lot to be thankful for, especially in the current economic climate. I'm still looking for work (like a large portion of the population), but Jenny does have two very reliable jobs, one of which even provides us with benefits. We don't really have any disposable income right now, and Christmas presents may be in short supply, but atleast we can afford to pay our rent and put food on the table (and even still buy comics once in a while). And we've still got the internet and the library for free entertainment. So, we're doing OK, I guess.

I've been getting sick over the last couple of days. I think it's just your run-of-the-mill cold/flu thing (whatever's currently making the rounds), but it's still knocked me out pretty hard. Hopefully I'll shake it off relatively soon. Funny enough, I had some horrible illness last Thanksgiving as well - I remember spending most of the day passed out in a recliner at her folks' place. Must just be the season....

No comments: