Tuesday, December 02, 2008

December

So, it's officially December, let's see where we're at.

I'm still jobless, which isn't helped by the now "official" economic status of recession and the ever-dwindling job market. With that lack of job comes a lack of money. We're just getting by, with not much left over after bills and what-not. Normally I love Christmas time, but I love it more when I can actually afford to buy presents for people. Oh, well.

And speaking of lack of money, both our Flickr account and my deviantArt account subscriptions are up in just shy of a week. I don't know if we should really spare the cash to re-up them right now, when the money could go to more "important" things, but I don't really want them to lapse either. Hmmm.....

November has come and gone, and I'm now quite convinced that apparently writing a novel in a month is not for me. I've ended up with some great ideas each year, but that's about it. This year saw considerable progress in the amount of words written over previous attempts, and I atleast got a decent outline done. But I'll need to do an immense amount of research before I can get any real work done. But I guess that's what I get for only being interested in crazy semi-historical concepts.

Hopefully I'll take some time in the coming year to dive into that research, for atleast one of the ideas, if not all of them. There's also Script Frenzy - NaNoWriMo's sister event, which may be more my cup of tea. I might be able to use it as an excuse to do some serious work on my various comic ideas. We'll see, I guess.

So, this week's agenda should include:


  • Job hunting.

  • Some overdue art projects/commissions and possibly work on some new projects which are only in the planning or pre-planning stages.

  • A super-secret project involving much heavy lifting over a couple of days.

  • The apartment really needs to be cleaned. I mean, really needs to be cleaned....

  • A hair cut appointment (exciting, I know - but definately necessary).

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment, with the NyQuil starting to kick in and do it's thing,

I hope everybody had a Happy Thanksgiving, and the rest of your coming holidays are shaping up to be appropriately festive. Also, a happy beginning of summer to those of you in the Southern hemisphere... :D

No comments: