Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy Christmas Eve!

Well, it's still snowing.... I'm beginning to see a pattern here. :)

Maintenance has begun clearing the snow off all the car ports in our apartment complex, which is definately good news. They've also finally started plowing today, although I don't think they've quite figured out where to put all the snow, so it's still a mess, what with all the plowing, shoveling and snowblowing going on. So really they're just spreading the snow around...

We signed our lease this morning, so we'll be here for another 9 months, for better or worse.

We also finally got our Christmas cards in the mail today. We probably could have got them out, oh, say a month ago if we'd gotten on the ball. That was the intention at least. But at the last minute I decided I was going to try my hand at adding some "creative personalization" to all the cards. But since I waited till the last minute to start, and really didn't know what I was doing, I got what I wanted done on less than half the cards we sent out (a lot of friends, and unfortunately no family). If I'd known how many I could get finished, I would have just sent the "standard" cards out first, but I was making this up as I went along. Our apologies  for the lateness - just think of them as New Years Cards. :)

And I figure I'd wait to say what the "personalizations" were until I can be pretty sure most people have got them (y'know, just to stretch the wait out even longer). But I'd like to keep doing this, make it a tradition of sorts, and next year will be more organized (well, couldn't be much less....) and hopefully better implemented. I'll explain more later....

Jenny and I will be heading over to her parent's place tomorrow morning, and plan to spend most of the day there. Our thanks to everyone we've already recieved cards and packages from. I hope everybody has a Merry Christmas and a great time spending the holidays with family and loved ones!

No comments: