Saturday, August 01, 2009

Today was Hot

It's been unseasonably hot up here in the Pacific Northwest, with the Seattle area already hitting record breaking temperatures. It's been in the steady 90's over on our side of the state, which is still hotter than normal, but today was rediculous. According to Google it hit 104 and I know the one time I looked at the thermometer outside the apartment it said it was 100 here.

Needless to say, we're hiding inside as much as possible. The A/C is on and our fridge is stocked with lots of iced tea and cold beer. We had a delicious grilled chicken salad for dinner tonight, and are trying to keep from cooking or eating anything hot, although we did turn on the oven to bake cookies. Of course, it was worth it. :)

Otherwise, I spent the day working on commissions and will probably be up late tonight writing, hopefully getting some more of the plot of my superhero comic figured out. The plan is to start serializing it as a webcomic, and eventually collect it in print. I'm still not sure when I'll actually get it on-line (since I'm still writing and haven't started drawing it yet), but I'd like to have the first collection ready by next March to sell at the Emerald City Comic-Con. Something to shoot for, at least...

No comments: