Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Post-Emerald City Synopsis

Emerald City ComiCon was awesome! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came by the Spokane Comicsmiths' Guild table, whether it was to buy something, commission a sketch or just hang out and chat. We met a lot of cool people, and ECCC always has such a fun and friendly atmosphere.

The Guild sold a bunch of sketches, sketch cards and prints, and a few books as well. I posted a few of the sketches I did over on my deviantArt page, and you can see some photos from the weekend over on Jesse Acosta's deviantArt Journal.

I definitely think I learned a lot from the whole experience (my first Con as an exhibitor!), which I can hopefully apply to future conventions. The next one we'll be at is the Spokane ComiCon in May, and we'll have some other Guild events coming up as well, including sketching for Free Comic Book Day on May 1st.

If you're interested in learning more about the Guild, our next meeting is this Sunday at Merlyns from 3-6 pm, and we'll be discussing a lot of the plans for upcoming events. Any local artists and writers are welcome!

No comments: