Monday, August 02, 2010

Project Rooftop - Captain America

The current contest over at Project Rooftop (which ended yesterday) was to design a new costume for Captain America. It could be for anyone who's held the title, so I went for a new outfit for Bucky Barnes, the original Cap's sidekick and most recent shield bearer.

My attempt was something a bit "retro-superheroic", with some influence from his old WW2 outfit. The cape is meant to be a nod to the costume original Cap Steve Rogers wore for a while when he went by Nomad. Something about Bucky following in Steve's footsteps while also forging his own identity...

These Project Rooftop redesign contests are always fun - and one of these days I won't wait till the last minute to come up with my entry.

2 comments:

Chris Bishop said...

oh snap, a cape!

why didn't i think of that...

Peter said...

I think I may've been the only person to think of adding a cape... 'course, don't know if it'll help me in the contest at all, though.