Thursday, January 19, 2006

Odds and Ends

I've got an interview tomorrow with Northwest Andrology - I hope it goes well. Actually, I hope it goes great, and they hire me on the spot, but I suppose I should be realistic. I did get an email response from WAMU about the job I applied for online, turns out they've already filled the position (probably from within), but atleast they told me quickly. They said that they "think very highly of your skills and will keep your resume in our files for future reference", so that's something....

Jenny's got some sort of bug that we can't identify. She's been queasy and lightheaded off an on, and alternates hot and cold. It was worse yesterday, but yesterday morning she was fine and then in the afternoon it hits her all of a sudden. Hopefully it's a 24 hour-type of thing.

We did get the Verizon modem and router sent off via UPS today, so that's out of our life. I just tossed all of our extra newspapers the other day, and I needed filler for the box, so half the box is packed with plastic grocery bags for padding. They should be amused with they open that up. We also got the phone bill paid off.

So we've got free cable till Monday, and it's kinda cool, but I'm not sure if it'd be worth paying for. I really wish you could just pick and choose the channels you actually want for a reduced rate, and leave off all the useless stuff. I did get a chance to see Miami Ink finally, and it was pretty cool. There's also another tattoo show on A&E, but I can't remember the name (it was something really simple, but I was watching it last night at 2 in the morning, so my memory's a bit hazy).

Oh, and we are going to take a piece of Jenny's Grandfather's furniture - he's got a big (5' long) wooden dresser he's getting rid of. Not sure what all we'll put in it (besides clothes), but we've got lots of stuff, so I'm sure we'll think of something.

With Black Beauty complete, I finally started working on the Odin piece. I'm still not sure if I'm going to get this in on time for the contest, because I'm really not sure what I want to do with it. I think I'd like to do something really cool with watercolours or acrylics, but I haven't decided. And it's OK, I'd rather take my time, do something that I enjoy and can add to (or use to start) my portfolio then just churn something out that I won't want to look at ever again.

There's also the Juggernaut vs. Thing Draw Off over at Digital Webbing, and I want toget in on that now, and I'm just going to do straight comic art on it, but atleast I have an idea in my head for how I want it to look.

There's also the Illustration Friday website, which I discovered a while back and then promptly forgot existed. I just re-found it, and I'm going to start to participate in that - just 'cause. Still not sure if I want to add to the growing numbers of Superboys floating around (I'm not even going to bother with the Batgirl meme, it's way out of control).

No comments: