Monday, February 06, 2006

I Have A Job?

Talk about part time, I might be hired, but I probably don't have hours this week, and will most likely start next week. I just got off the phone with Michael's Store. I would really like to work in their framing department, and I might be hired to work there, but I really signed up at a bad time. For them, not for me. They need someone with more experience to help their top 2 framers. I saw it, work is backing up. Easy work too. It is NOT hard to put double sided tape around the back edge of a frame, then put protective brown paper over it, trim off the excess, then put some sort of hanger on the back. Everything else was already done! And most of the people couldn't even finish 8 in a shift. Gah!

Back to whether I work there or not. I will definately be going in there at some point in the next 2 weeks to fill out paperwork and do some register training. They really don't have much in the way of hours, and they already did this week's schedule, so they don't have much wiggle room to fit me in. I hope someone quits tomorrow for a better job! Then I can start this week. I haven't worked a true part time job in years. Usually the supervisor will see I'm compitent, and suddenly I get scheduled more then anyone, given a key, get to count all the money, etc.

So... I have a job! I guess! Yay me!

No comments: