Monday, March 06, 2006

Quick Update

Both of us have now got paid, so we're doing pretty OK financially. We have food in the fridge, gas in the truck (and a bus pass in my wallet), and we bought half of the $200 (2 months) of comics that were sitting in our pulls box at the Comic Book Shop.

We went in to CdA on Saturday and saw a bunch of peoples at Borders and Hastings, and even stopped by Gamer's Haven and talked to Bob for a while, which was cool (we hadn't seen him since before we moved). Being back in a game store around miniatures and other geeky stuff makes me want to game again.... at the moment we're stripping the paint off a bunch of our old minis, so that's something.

At Borders, I picked up a giant book on Adobe CS2; I've been messing around with it some, and there are tutorials included, but I just really prefer having a book in front of me that I can look at when I'm figuring things out. It's already helped a lot.

Work is going well. I'm fairly well up to speed now, so I'm answering phones like normal and can answer most general questions, so I don't feel like the third wheel there anymore. It's much more interesting now that I kinda feel like I know what I'm doing.

Jenny's slowly getting worked into the framing department at Michaels, although she still get's stuck on register way too much for her liking. She did pass her framing certification test today, so that's cause for celebration.

We're still planning on going to the Emerald City Comic-Con in Seattle on the 1st & 2nd, provided that Michaels will give Jenny the weekend off (fingers crossed!). In other geeky news, the new X-Men 3 trailer premiered tonight on FOX, and it's already up on-line. It looks awesome, check it out:

X-3: The Last Stand Trailer

No comments: