Sunday, August 13, 2006

What's Happening....

Um... Wow. It's certainly been a long time since we've updated this thing....

We've been doing pretty well. Mostly just working (per usual), and surviving our respective employments. We'd both like to find something a little more... satisfying, I guess you'd say? It's just a lot of the same thing day in and day out, and nothing we really care about. I like my paychecks, and my schedule, but I wish I actually enjoyed what I was doing all week. Jenny can't really even say the same about the paycheck or the schedule. Oh, and we'd like to not want to just collapse at the end of every day.

The heat has something to do with that, though. It's still in the upper 80s and 90s here, with wildfires in nearby areas. Thank goodness for working air conditioning, we've got it running pretty much 24-7. The weather people had been talking about thunderstorms all of last week, but so far no dice.

Yesterday Jenny had to work and I spent the day trying to get the whole apartment clean with not a lot of success. It's better than it was, but no where near what I'd call finished. I did get Jenny to cut my hair, so it's back to super short again.

Today was our weekly jaunt into Coeur d'Alene: we had lunch at Cafe Chulo (Los Sanchez closed down!), did some shopping at the mall and Target and stopped off at Borders to see peoples and pick up the new Tim Powers book that I had on reserve. Then it was over to Jenny's folks' place for a while to hang out.

We just finished up watching a marathon of Ghost Hunters that Jenny's mom taped for us off the Sci-Fi channel a while back. I'm totally getting hooked on this show, we might need to get it on DVD eventually.

I'll keep this relatively short for now (especially considering how long it's been since we've posted anything), but I'd definately like to make these updates much more regular and frequent. For now, I'll just say that there will be a much bigger announcement in a couple of days (which a few of you have already heard word of). Watch this space for details.... :)

No comments: