Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sick and Not Quite So Tired....

I spent all of yesterday at work with the hugest migraine type headache that felt like my head was going to explode, while fighting off bouts of nausea and alternating hot/cold flashes. So today I stayed home and slept for 12 hours. I'm still sick, but I suppose I do feel better - as long as I don't move around too much and stay out of direct sunlight.

Turns out the truck's problem was the alternator - Jenny took it to the local Toyota place this morning and they replaced it and fixed up the leads on the battery. Didn't cost near as much as we thought it would, and atleast it's fixed (until something else comes up).

It also appears that while our tax problem should be remedied, they are still claiming that we owe money. I had sent in a "final payment" check after getting a total from an IRS rep, but then received another statement with a completely different amount a couple of weeks ago. I called the IRS back, explained the whole situation, and the rep I talked to that time had No Idea where this new amount came from. And although the final check cleared, and I have copies of the check in question with all the US Treasury jargon plastered all over it, she could find no record of a check for that amount being received. But she did have a record of a check being received for an amount that I never sent! Sooo.... I've got to send in copies of said check to some IRS office where (hopefully) some guy in a suit will push a magic button and fix everything. I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: