Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weather or Not....

Winter hung on way too long around here, and now that it's finally gone, Summer decided to sneak in early. We've had to crank up the air conditioning this week, and leave the fan running in the bedroom overnight just so it's bearable. You'd think we would've acclimated better to this kind of thing by now (we've been here four years), but I don't think I'll ever really like hot weather.

So, with the heat comes the need for shorts, and the pair I've been wearing are (unfortunately) getting too small. I've (well, we've) been putting on weight since we got down here, and we really need to start slimming down. I've got pants I've been hanging on to, pants I got after we moved down here, which I can't wear anymore. Just rediculous...

Well, we went shopping yesterday and picked up some comfy new shorts which fit great, but I had to go up another size to make them comfortable. Not good. Need to lose weight, need to get in shape. Of course, that's just one of the many things on the big to-do list. At the moment, finding a job and cleaning the house are above it, but I can't ignore it forever.

I've been sick since we got back from Seattle - well, actually I started getting sick while we were there - and it's had me wiped out all week. I've been in NyQuil induced coma-sleeps every night (complete with crazy dreams) and sleeping in every day, eventually dragging myself out of bed by noon. I think it's finally starting to break up, so hopefully I can get moving on all of the various projects and what-not that I've been meaning to start since we came home, like finding a job and cleaning the house....

No comments: