Sunday, September 07, 2008

Family Reunions and Job Prospects

My Uncle Jim and Aunt Susie came through town on their big vacation trip, and we got to see them this last Thursday. They had us over to their RV for dinner (which was delicious, by the way) and we spent a long while talking and getting caught up, which was a lot of fun. It's been years since I've seen them, and this was Jenny's first time meeting them. We even remembered to get a picture of all four of us before we left.

Another job opened up at the library which Jenny is going to try for - it'll mean an increase in both hours and pay, and it would be split between two closer libraries, so much less of a commute. So, that sounds promising....

I'm still job hunting (of course), and am getting afraid that I'm going to have to lower my standards, just so I can find something for the time being and get some more money coming in. I haven't had any luck so far with the few jobs I've found to apply for, but I'm not giving up hope quite yet.

In the meantime, I've been trying to work on some art projects, with the goal of getting my portfolio updated and looking for commission work. I've also got some ideas for projects of my own - a couple of different web-comic possibilities and a series of illustrations I'm starting to do research for. Got to keep working!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Family vacation trip is also a good excuse for family reunions.