Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some Movies & Other Stuff

The job hunt continues, but it's getting frustrating. Especially when I don't even get called for an interview for jobs I know I'm qualified (or over qualified) for. Yeah, frustrating.... but I'm still looking. I don't want to go back to retail, though. Specifically now, since the holiday shopping season is starting, and I don't want to have deal with that if I can help it.

Tomorrow is Jenny's day off, so we'll be heading over to CdA to go see the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, with her Dad. Should be fun. With money tight as it is, we don't see many films in the theatre anymore. I think the last one was The Dark Knight.

I do want to see the new Star Trek movie when it comes out. It's kind of a re-boot, but also a sequel (since Nimoy is playing an older Spock from the future and they're supposedly keeping the timeline of the movies intact), so it'll be interesting to see how much they'll end up changing. Still, I'm hesitantly optimistic. The trailer is available by clicking here.

I also just watched Beowulf & Grendel today, after borrowing it from Jenny's dad. I really liked it (other than Sarah Polley's surprisingly wooden acting), and it was sooooo much better than that horrible CGI Beowulf movie that came out last year.

Otherwise, we're trying to get in the holiday cheer, even if we don't have much in the way of money. But we did already put our tree up and decorate, so that's something. Still need to get out our Christmas cards. Just as long as we get them out a little earlier than the last couple of years....

No comments: