Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Going Digital & Sketch Cards for Cancer

We finally went and picked up our digital TV converter boxes today. We got our discount cards some time last month, and we were really lucky, as it seems we might've got some of the very last ones.

So, I got one of them hooked up - to the smaller TV in the studio - and I'm not extraordinarily impressed, but I guess it's OK. Not too excited about having yet another remote to worry about losing (well, actually 2, counting both boxes), and I'm not sure yet how I'm going to set up the other one with our ancient VCR without messing with a splitter of some kind. I'm sure I'll figure something out, though. The only big positive so far is when I realized I'd be able to watch Smackdown again. :)

I drew up the 4 cards I'm contributing to this year's Blue Line Pro sketch card auction over the last couple of days. This is the second year that they're doing this event, and all proceeds will go to benefit the American Cancer Society.

I was going to use water colors on these, but I started and was quickly reminded how the Blue Line cards don't take to wet media, so they ended up being mostly colored pencils. And since my scanner still hates colored pencil, the scans look more like I scrawled them with crayon. I swear they look better in person....

Please help to spread the word about this event. The auction should be taking place the first week of April, but I'll be sure to post a link when it actually starts.

Here's both the black & white and color scans of my cards. And in case anyone's wondering, they're of (clockwise from upper left) : Eowyn in my favorite scene from Lord of the Rings; Dr. Manhatten, Rorschach and Ozymandias from Watchmen; Asajj Ventress from the Star Wars "Clone Wars" cartoon; and Spaceboy and Rumor from the Umbrella Academy comic book.

No comments: