Saturday, February 07, 2009

Arts & Crafts & Other Stuff

Well, the computer seems to be cleaned up OK. I'm glad I had recently backed up the hard drive - I need to get in the habit of doing that more often....

Now I'm trying to get back to "work", as it were. No actual work, of course, as it seems everyone is losing their jobs left and right now. I'm still looking, but there's less and less openings, and more people to compete with (most of whom probably have more education and better experience than myself).

So, it's (literally) back to the drawing board. The AFL over at deviantArt started this week, and I'm going to try to do all of my entries as sequential pages, just for the practice. I got my first fight pencilled today, and will finish it and my second one over the weekend.

I also realized that the American Cancer Association Sketch Card Auction due date is drawing near, and I need to submit to that. I got my blank cards back before the new year, and told myself I had plenty of time... well, March 1st is right around the corner, so I'll need to do those and get them in the mail this week. It's a great fundraising event, and I'll post more info about the actual auction whenever I get it.

Jenny's started working on a new craft project today - hand making fabric beads to eventually turn into jewelry. Her first experiments are already looking pretty good, although I'll let her say more about it. :)

Also, we got our doors re-keyed today. Exciting, I know.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Great readding your blog

Nicole said...

Great blog I enjooyed reading