Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Want....

The Microsoft "Courier" Tablet Concept

I'm a fairly OCD person when it comes to organizing, and make lists for everything to help me remember what I'm supposed to be doing most days. Because of this, I've taken to having a little Moleskine notebook with me everywhere I go. I use it as a day-planner/calendar and also jot down notes to myself so I don't forget ideas I have.

I'm also (not surprisingly) a very visual-based person. I like making sketches, drawing out ideas, and I've often wanted a more intuitive system for digitally combining my notes, sketches and ideas into a cohesive, yet easily manipulated whole.

So when I saw the pictures and video showing the concept for the new Courier from Microsoft I was seriously geeking out. I even had an idea for something similar to this a few months ago - I then heard about Apple's rumoured tablet which sounded close to what I wanted, but wasn't quite.... and then I saw this on Gizmodo the other day.

It's obviously just in the concept stage right now, and I have no idea if/when it's released whether it will live up to my expectations. Ideally I'd like to be able to use it for sketching, finished artwork and writing, but there's no word yet on hardware specs or what software it will use, so for now I just have to wait and see. But it's definitely got my hopes up, and I'm still geeking out about it, so I'd thought I'd share... :)

No comments: