Tuesday, October 06, 2009

24 Hour Comic Book Day

...was Awesome!

The 24 Hour Comic Book Challenge was held this last Saturday, October 3rd, simultaneously testing artists around the world as they attempted to create a 24 page comic, from scratch, within the span of 24 hours. I made it to 17 pages, which I'm quite happy with - hopefully next year I'll make it all the way to 24!

We had a great turnout at our local venue (Spokane's Merlyns), with lots of prizes, goodies and food donated by local businesses, raffles, and even a coloring contest for kids. There were a lot of participants who showed up for a few hours and had to leave, but I was one of the few die-hards who stayed for the whole 24 hours (in our case the official time was 10:30 am Saturday to 10:30 am Sunday).

The whole experience was a ton of fun, and I'm already looking forward to next year. We've also got our next meeting of the Spokane Comicsmiths' Guild coming up on Sunday the 18th. The meeting will be at Merlyns and runs from 3-6pm. All artists and writers are welcome!

I've posted my comic up at my deviantArt page, here: My 24 Hour Comic!

And I also drew up 4 Star Wars pictures for the kids coloring contest, which you can see here: Star Wars Coloring Pics!

No comments: