Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hello 2010!

I've never been one for New Years Resolutions, either making or completing them (on the few occasions when I attempted them). But there are a lot of things I'd like to accomplish in the coming months. I've got a good feeling about 2010, so I thought for once I'd try listing a bunch of "goals" or "plans" and see how many of them actually happen. So....

I want to have at least one comic launched, with it's own website and updated regularly. I've got a lot of ideas that have just been kicking around in my head - I keep saying I'm going to do something with them, and I just need to do it.

I'm planning on attending at least 2 conventions this year, as an artist: Emerald City ComiCon in Seattle and the local Spokane ComiCon. I'll be at both with my fellow Spokane Comicsmiths' Guild members.

I've been wanting to get back into miniature gaming for a while. I've played off and on since I was in high school (about 15 years ago), and Jenny has played for close to 10 years as well. But neither of us have really done anything with the hobby for the last 4-5 years. So I want to re-learn Warhammer and start playing again, as well as have a completely painted playable army by the end of the year.

Holidays always seem to sneak up on us - and as much as I love them and want to enjoy them, it always ends up being stressful because we wait till the last minute to do everything. So this year I want to get more stuff done ahead of time - buying presents, decorating and sending out Christmas cards.

And, assuming I get enough pre-holiday stuff out of the way, I want to attempt NaNoWriMo (the National Novel Writing Month) again in November. And hopefully I'll actually finish it, as well as...

Finish the 24 Hour Comic Book Challenge. I attempted it this year, made it to 17 pages (of the 24 page goal) and had an awesomely fun time. And this year I want to make it all the way to 24 pages.

And in the realm of art & writing, I've got a lot of other various things I'd like to get done. I've got some long overdue commissions to take care of, an idea for a miniatures game that might become reality and a super-secret collaborative comic book to work on. Besides those things, I just need to draw & write something every day and actually get better.

Honestly, there's probably a lot of goals, plans and pseudo-resolutions that I'm forgetting, but this is a good start. I hope 2010 works out for the best for everyone out there (including me, of course).

Oh, and along with drawing something every day, I also want to blog more and start posting more artwork & sketches on-line. So here's some recent scribbles from the ol' sketchbook:

gw_sketches_010110_100

No comments: