Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Drunk People are Funny....

We're wide awake now, thanks to our downstairs neighbor's drunk idiot estranged husband.

I'm a deep sleeper; it takes a lot to rouse me from a sound sleep -- like some one ringing a doorbell for 2 minutes straight and kicking the door and yelling at the top of their lungs. All he wanted was his clothes and his beer. Oh, and not to have to sleep on the laundry room floor again.

He's finally gone. It took 4 cops 20 minutes to convince him to leave and lead him away. I'm sure he'll be back, eventually. I don't know why they couldn't have arrested him for public drunkeness. I think the fact that he was drunk was fairly obvious....

I don't know if this will lead to our landlord kicking out her "favorite" tenants. So far she's made a point that having the police called is all the reason she needs to evict someone. This is the third time the police have been called in the year we've lived here; it seems like such a nice neighborhood, too.

Oh, well -- atleast we don't have to get up early tomorrow. Hopefully we'll be able to get back to sleep, and he found a nice quiet alley to pass out in.

No comments: