Thursday, December 22, 2005

Nearly Christmas

Christmas! I've got most of my shopping done, there is still a few things I'd like to pick up, but I've still got a couple days. Last minute Christmas shopping is sort of like cramming for an exam, you'll either get lucky and do really well, or you'll have to go with whatever answer comes to you first. I think Peter will like the presents I got him. He said he thinks he knows what at least one of them is, but I'm hoping he's thinking of the wrong thing, I want it to be a surprise. I got a new stocking yesterday for myself, since the one my Mom has, if she even still has it, is about the size of a real stocking, and looks 26 years old. The new one has the comic book character Catwoman on it. I know... I'm a dork... I don't care! I think it's freakin' sweet! I made Christmas cookies the other day, they are delicious. And without my Dad and sister around, I actually get to eat most of them. Wait... Is that a good thing?

I've been taking the month off from getting work, and it is great. I finally feel relaxed, stress free. I've finished several books since I've been "on vacation." Such as, "Eaters of the Dead," the latest Piers Anthony "Xanth" novel, I don't remember the name, but the books have all been pretty much the same since the series passed the 20th book, "Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch, & the Wardrobe," "A Game of Thrones," and I'm nearly done with "Pawn of Prophecy, Book One of the Belgariad." Not bad for a month of reading. I was going to use my time off to start some creative writing I've been thinking about for a while now, but I've only jotted down a few things. I've also been trying to draw in charcoal, with mild success. If I like any of them, I'll see if I can take pictures or scan them or something and put them up on my "art" blog. Time to go shopping!

No comments: