Sunday, January 29, 2006

Victory Is Mine!

I am now gainfully employed! Huzzah!

I had my second interview at NW Andrology on Friday, and I got the job (go me!). I start on Wednesday, and from then on out it'll be Monday-Friday, 8-5 work weeks for me. This is so great. The only not-so-great thing at the beginning, is they work off a monthly pay schedule, so of course I'm not going to get payed till the end of the month....

But I don't care! This is a great job, so I'm super-happy.

I slept in way later than I planned on, and we pretty much just layed about all day. We did get out of the house for a little while, and Jenny dropped off resumes at a couple of the framing places in town. We figure since I've got a good, full time job with a regular schedule, she could just get a fun, part-time job and we'll be set.

Oh, and ABC showed Road to Perdition tonight, so I finally got to see that. Excellent movie - now I'll have to go track down the graphic novel and read that too.

Arts & Crafts
So, I'm getting seriously addicted to these silly art memes going around Livejournal. Apparently there are already Thing, Aquaman and Iron Spidey (Spiderman in his new, awful, costume) memes started, and I'm sure there will be more on the way. Here's my Green Lantern redesign; not quite as happy with this drawing as I am with the Superboy one, but I think the costume design is solid (OK, the goggles might be a bit goofy...).

I didn't get the Ultimate Iron Man/Maiden Draw Off finished, but I roughed out a start, so I could atleast enter something. Finally (barely) started on the Juggernaut/Thing page yesterday, but didn't touch it today, so hopefully I'l get it done tomorrow. Anyway, here's the Iron Man pic:

No comments: