We've ended up with a lot of cool stuff from Jenny's grandfather recently, since he's moving out of his big house and into a retirement apartment complex. We've got:
- a nice big dresser
- another floor lamp - Like the one we've got, but green instead of black.
- a 4 slice toaster
- a nice coffee maker - Full size, as opposed to my little 4 cup one.
- a better mixer - After Jenny finally broke down and bought one not too long ago.
- a wok - cool!
- an old typewriter - I'm mildly obsessed with old typewriters. If I had enough time and money to collect random stuff, I would collect and restore old typewriters and other office equipment.
- a big metal folding table - 30" x 4'. A little too wobbly to have out all the time, but will be good for bigger games or projects.
- a smaller folding table and 4 matching folding chairs - These are so nice... The table's about 3' x 3', which is a little on the small side for gaming, but good enough. And we can keep this one out all the time with a couple of chairs. And they actually look really nice!
There was some other stuff, which I can't remember at the moment. And there's another smaller dresser that we could have if we want, but we don't know what we'd do with it at the moment. There's also a couple of guns that we can have as well (a .22 pistol and .22 rifle). We want them, but for now we'd just as soon keep them at the parents' house. We were talking about going out shooting sometime as a group, since there's an outdoor range not far from the parents' house.
We borrowed Elizabethtown from Patty and finally got a round to watching it the other day - surprisingly good! Sure it was definately a date-type movie, but there was a lot of really funny parts, and a really good cast. And Orlando Bloom actually acted! It was wierd hearing him with an American accent, but it was pretty darn good. Definately worth renting.