Saturday, April 08, 2006

I'll Have Their Cake, And Eat It Too

The work breakroom is starting to remind me of when I worked at the library up in Fairbanks. I think it might have something to do with excessive amounts of estrogen. There has been pizza in the back at least twice, cake 2 or 3 times, and other random candy stuff. I've only been working there about a month and a half (maybe 2 1/2), but there have been several occations where I wish I had brought a tupperware dish to take some food home with me. Usually I can eat some food while I'm there, but if it's good and they won't miss it if I take more then I need with me, I'd like to be able to take some home to Peter. Today for instance would have been a good day to have some covered dish thing. Someone had apparently done a cake decorating class earlier and once the class was over, they had to do something with the 2 example cakes, so they put them in the breakroom. It was the end of the day and I was grabbing my coat, I snagged a bite (literally) of chocolate cake with death frosting (does not cause death) on my way out, but it was good, and there was still a cake and a half left that I could have taken some of without anyone caring. I have to go back tomorrow, but if they're still there, they'll probably be stale. Bleh. Oh well.

That bite was nummy though. Mmmmm, death frosting...

No comments: