Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Con-tinued

It's Tuesday, and I'm still riding the high from the weekend and how much fun being at the convention was. I've started looking on-line to try and find other cons around the northwest, so we won't have to wait a year for the next one. Atleast now we know more than one person in Portland, and I know there's a convention there every year.

We'll definately be a lot more organized next time:
  • Jenny had a real want list for her comics, but all I had was my giant (hand written) inventory list. I need to enter all of that on the computer, and also make up a short list of the books I really want to find (and how much I'll spend).
  • A lot of folks there had dedicated sketch books for getting artwork from pros, usually with a theme. I saw collections of Stargirl, Hobgoblin, Captain Jack Sparrow and even the Smurfs (the Scott Morse Smurf painting was awesome). My plan is to start one of my own, collecting different interpretations of... Daredevil (wow, that was really a surprise). It shall be my Sketch Book Without Fear.... :)
  • We also needed to be a lot more organized with where we were going and when. We just kind of wandered around for a while, and really had no idea where to start. We should have gone through the list and the map first, and figured out a plan of attack for sketches and autographs.

And I'll end this post with a supercool Atom Eve sketch, drawn by Ryan "Uncle Wya" Ottley:

No comments: