Monday, September 04, 2006

The Death of the Future of Rock and Roll

After surviving having their radio frequency bought up and switching over to a pure internet "radio" station, WOXY has finally had to throw it in for good.

I am sorely going to miss WOXY. I have discovered so many awesome bands thru this station, I'm going to be so out of the loop, musically, once they're off the air. I hope that maybe, one day, they'll resurface in some other form, but I doubt if it'd really be the same. Their theoretical last day on the air is the 15th, so that's a little less than 2 weeks left of the greatest music in the world.

I wish all the best to Bryan, Mike, Shiv and Barb in whatever future endeavors they end up pursuing. And for the rest of you out there: Listen While You Can!

In other sad news, the world mourns the passing of Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin today. The news actually started breaking last night (which I guess would be today in Australia...), and apparently he was done in by a manta ray barb straight thru the heart. My condolences to his family, and to all his friends and fans around the world.

R.I.P. Steve

No comments: