Thursday, January 10, 2008

Some Miscellaneous Going-Ons....

Jenny has an interview next week with the library! Fingers crossed! She's also got an application out to the museum that's she hoping she'll get called for. Oh, and she's also got a hair cut appointment next week (she wanted me to add that one). :)

Happy Birthday to a whole bunch of our friends this week! My on-line bud Ron's birthday was a couple of days ago, and our friend Tigger's birthday was today. She's getting to celebrate this one with her dad, who came down to visit for the week for her present. My old friend Andy is having his birthday tomorrow and our buddy Jason's is on the 13th. Cake for everybody!

We did finally get all of the Christmas decorations put away, although it involved buying some more plastic storage tubs and some rearranging. Of course, the house is still a relative disaster, since it hasn't been really cleaned since before Christmas. But we have been sick for a while, so I guess I'll stick to that excuse for now.

There's a new comic shop that just opened in Coeur d'Alene called Lightning Comics. We swung by on our way out of CDA on Saturday - they were already closed, but we did peek in the windows and look a round. The place looks really nice - clean, all new fixtures, it really reminded me of Revolution (the shop that my friend Chris and I owned and ran for a couple of years, for those who might not know). It even had a TV up on the wall, just like we did.

We should get back there this weekend to check it out. I wish them the best of luck, and we'll probably feel obliged to buy stuff there to support them. Although I have my doubts that a city that size is big enough to support it's own comic shop, especially with an awesome place like The Comic Shop over here in Spokane and a well stocked trade paperback and manga section at the CdA Borders. Guess we'll see....

No comments: