Sunday, March 09, 2008

A Couple of Things....

So, I put my notice in at work this last Monday. I'll probably be sticking around until the end of the month instead of just 2 weeks, to give them some extra time to find a replacement, and to make payroll easier on everyone involved. I don't have anything lined up yet, but it was definately way past time to move on, and I've got several applications out with more to follow this week. I'm hoping I can either find something part time that pays decent but will allow me some time to focus on working at art at home, or (more likely) a full time job that's more in my interests, preferably with benefits and more room for advancement. I'm mainly looking at office/administrative positions, but I'm also keeping an eye out for entry level graphic related jobs (copy shops, print houses, etc.).

In other news, our hot water heater decided to give up the ghost today. I'd noticed my shower yesterday wasn't nearly as hot as normal, but it hadn't gotten cold yet. Jenny took a shower this morning and kept having to turn up the temperature, and at one point it got really cold. Afterwards, we checked the heater and it was cold to the touch. Not only that, but there was a small amount of standing water on the floor of the closet it's in. We've got a call in to maintenance, and they're supposed to be here tomorrow, either to fix or replace it. Knowing how our management operates, I'm sure they'll try to fix it if possible, even if it probably should be replaced....

No comments: