Sunday, October 19, 2008

24 Hour Comic Book Post-Game

The big 24 Hour Comic Book Day Challenge started yesterday and ended this morning. This was my first time attempting the challenge - which is ideally to complete (write & draw) a full 24 page story within 24 hours. While I didn't come close to "finishing", I did start with no idea what I was going to do and ended up with 24 roughed out pages (some looking more like big thumbnails with stick figures), so I feel like it was a success for me.

The whole experience was awesome, though. It was a lot of fun - and I got to meet and hang out with a bunch of local artists who were all cool folks. It was great being surrounded by other artists and feeding off each others' creativity and excitement.

I hadn't attempted any real sequentials in ages, so I really had no idea what I was capable of, but I think this was definitely the kick-start I needed to get me moving and start working on comics again. I'm going to finish the 24 pages over the next few days - which means it won't be a "true" 24 Hour comic, but it will hopefully be the first of many sequential projects I'll actually complete.

Now I just need to figure out what to work on next....

No comments: