Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Poll Positions & the View from the Future

I'm not really one who likes to discuss politics in real life, much less on the internet. I know who I'm going to vote for, and now I'll just be happy when the 4th rolls around and I can cast my vote - we can be done with the campaigning and get on with it, whatever the outcome ends up being.

But I will say that this has been possibly the craziest and most "interesting" election we've had in quite a while, atleast in a spectator sport sort of way. But as crazy as it is for those of us in the U.S., it's got to seem like a circus to the rest of the world....

We mainly listen to Triple J Radio online, which is the Australian Broadcasting Company's more youth-skewed national station, and it's fun hearing the DJs discuss their bemused fascination with American politics.

Triple J even has their own daily comedy show covering the U.S. campaign, called The Race Race. It's not even remotely serious, and takes jabs at all of the candidates, but I do find it amusing that they're devoting a daily segment to an election in a different country which they have no say in....

The show just started yesterday (well, Monday in Australia, so it started Sunday here in the States), and if anyone is interested, the pod-cast is available from the Triple J website: The Race Race Pod-Cast

No comments: