Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Sister

My sister's been having some sort of problem. Here's what my Dad said:

"Got a call around 7:30 (last Friday) from Patty's boss who said she had sat down in a chair after finishing up at that building and then fell out of the chair, threw up all over and then just kind of laid there out of it for about 10 to 15 minutes. He brought her home. We took her to the hospital to see what was up and they took blood and urine samples and gave her something for the stomach pain. She was feeling better before 9 so we took her home. The doctor's said all the tests came back normal and where the pain is, it's not likely appendix. He said that it's not uncommon for a sharp stomach pain to cause a quick drop in blood pressure which causes a quick faint. Then the patient falls to the ground and with the head down low the blood pressure comes back up and the person wakes and is groggy. Said it usually is accompanied by vomiting. Soooooooooooooooo, I guess she had some kind of bowel or stomach pain that triggered the whole thing. hmmmm"

Then she was fine till last night:

"Hey everyone, ok so Andi woke me up last night after 1am. She woke up when Patty yelled and went in to see what was going on and Patty was having a seizure. She was all stiff and shaking. Then thrashed around a bit and then lied there doing small moans every once in a while. Andi got me up and we called 911 and an ambulance came and hauled her off to the hospital. She gradually came out of it by the time she got to the hospital but doesn't remember the ambulance ride. They did more tests on her and was normal again so we took her home around 4. Then had a doctor appointment at 10:50 and then down to the hospital for a CT scan. Everything was normal. The hospital called later and wants to do an EEG tomorrow morning around 10 and we are supposed to keep Patty up tonight so she will arrive sleep deprived. Well we were all sleep deprived all day and have kept awake till now but we're all heading down for sleep. Plan on getting up around 5 and have Patty take a shower and go to IHOP to keep her awake. May browse around some stores in the morning too. Hopefully she won't have any more seizures but since we don't know what caused the others, who knows?"

I had the day off so I took my car in for an oil change in CDA, that way Peter and I could get over to my parent's house to find out what's going on. Apparently, the EEG needed Patty to sleep, but she couldn't, but from what they could get, that test was normal too. When they brought her home she seemed fine, but later Mom had Dad buy a baby moniter so she could keep tabs on Patty. Before the doctor called back to give the test results, Mom said that if this test was negative, that they would have to explore the Tubular Sclerosis condition that Patty was diagnosed with when she was a baby. It's never bothered her before, but who knows...

I hope she's ok.

No comments: