Monday, March 09, 2009

Hooray for Insurance!

Called the dentist this morning to set up an appointment for the cracked tooth, and we were lucky - they got me in this afternoon! But they weren't able to get all of the tooth out (something to do with the root being too long) so they referred me to an oral surgeon - who was also able to get me in today!

Sooo, after a couple hours of poking, prodding and drilling, I got the cracked wisdom tooth out. The oral surgeon confirmed that the other three should probably come out as well, but I figure I'll wait until my mouth is completely healed up before scheduling the next appointment.

For now, I've just got to take care of the sutured up hole in my mouth, but thankfully they prescribed me some painkillers to help out with that....

Anyway, I'm really glad that we've got decent insurance through Jenny's work. I don't even want to think how much that would've cost if we hadn't (as it was, we only paid $30, plus $9 for the prescription).

Oh, and we also got hit with another big snow storm today. There's been a whole bunch of accidents and injuries reported already, and apparently the snow's suppsed to be sticking around for a while. Yay.

No comments: