Saturday, March 07, 2009

Misc. - health, Watchmen, social networking

I've been cleaning the apartment over the last couple of days, which was dearly needed, although I've been dragging due to still getting over this cold thing, so it's taking longer than planned. But apparently there's some nasty flu going around, so we're just happy we haven't come down with that.

My wisdom teeth have been in bad shape for years, but I've never really been able to afford to do anything about them. But now that Jenny's got health/dental/vision insurance through the library, we're going to try to get me in and see what all they'll cover. One of the teeth is obviously cracked, and needs to get pulled - though I'd really like to have all 4 of them out. I should also go ahead and get a new pair of glasses while I'm at it, as I got my current pair while I was at Borders, so about 4 years ago.

The Watchmen movie came out today, which I do want to see, but don't know if I really want to sit in a theatre for 3 hours. May just wait for the 4 hour DVD version to come out and watch it at home, where I can pause it whenever I want (really, I'm all for getting my money's worth, but I still would like them to bring back intermissions at the cinema for anything over 2 1/2 hours). And I've read the book enough times (and have heard about the changed ending), so it's not like I'm worried about the movie being spoiled if I wait.

Oh, and I also deleted my Facebook account. There were a variety of reasons for this, which I'm not going to bother going into. Anybody I was friends with on there I'm also in contact with through other channels, so no great loss.

No comments: